Sunday, February 14, 2010

I STAND CORRECTED!


Got this note on FaceBook this evening from a friend who is also a member of one of my Weight Watchers groups -
"what's the scoop-- no blog update on Where's the Fat guy since November:) We need your wisdom and thoughts!"
Of course she's right. There have been no updates. It got to be just another pressure for me to come up with something worth reading every day and so I let it go.

So here's the scoop. I will get back to this. I want to get back to this. But don't look for daily doses of Blackmorian wisdom - I'll write here as often as I can.

Went to the gym this afternoon and did five miles on the treadmill. That gives me a total of 26 miles for the week, which isn't bad given the fact that two days were spent shoveling snow rather than running.

I've decided to set myself a target for the year, just to help me stay focused and I set that at a total of 1,500 miles, which should be totally doable at 30 miles per week.

The problem is that while I did run most of the days I was in India last month, I didn't cover the distances that I would at home. So it's the middle of February and I'm behind schedule, but it should be easy enough to catch up at this stage.

I enjoy running some days.

I hate it others.

But it works - and pushing myself is a necessary part of the equation.