Thursday, September 13, 2007

LOSERS

I didn't get to see the series premier of The Biggest Loser on Tuesday night, but I did record it to watch at my own leisure with the added bonus of being able to fast forward all the commercials.

I've seen it and I'm hooked!

Of course a huge part of the reason for that is I can easily identify with the contestants. There's an interesting mix again this time around, with the added interest of identical twins from Long Island who are part of the "secret" black team.

The most incredible part of the opener was that the 62 year old captain of the blue team lost 32lb in his first week. Of course they don't show you exactly what he put himself through to achieve that. Maybe NBC should run a disclaimer at the bottom of the screen like weight loss programs do, informing viewers that weight losses portrayed are not typical.

We did get a better glimpse into the workout before the weigh-in, where the policy is clearly to sweat as much as possible so you are as dehydrated as you can be in preparation for the scales.

Anyway, I like the show.

But I was disappointed to hear that last year's winner had regained most of his weight.