Friday, July 4, 2008

ANOTHER HOLIDAY SUCCESFULLY NAVIGATED

Holidays with their parties, dinners, barbecues, etc can be a very demanding time for those of us who are trying to stay focused on healthy living, so I was a little concerned about today's 4th of July celebration - especially as we had been invited to two barbecues.

I made sure I started the day with some exercise, despite sleeping later than usual, and opted for a road run of a modest 3.2 miles (hey, it's a holiday!).

After that our plans for the day changed as we discovered our grandson was still sick and so he and our daughter would be spending Independence Day alone (he's apparently possibly still contagious, though we doubt it).

So we missed the barbecues - will apologize in due course - and were able to hang out with another Weight Watcher instead. No temptations there - challenge was gone - in fact the day is virtually over and I can report I had a really good time and actually stayed within my points allowance!

Phew!