Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I BET YOU FEEL BETTER


When my weight loss was a novelty, I would often meet people I hadn't seen in a while who would marvel at the change. Somewhere among the questions of "How much?" and "How long?", there would generally come the suggestion that I must feel so much better.

At that juncture I generally pointed out that I didn't really see a whole lot of difference.

On reflection, there is. Take this weekend for instance.

We launch another church campus next Sunday morning in Mastic and we took Labor Day weekend to get word out to the community. That meant I was out of the house for 14 straight hours on Sunday and was on my feet for most of that time - all this after a normal tiring Saturday.

Monday morning I was up around 7.00 and walked five miles. The rest of the morning was spent with last minute bits and pieces of preparation for the Fair we hosted outside Island Cinemas in Mastic (which will be the home of that congregation) and I was then at the Fair for the whole afternoon.

Was I tired when the weekend was done? Yes.

Was I ready to sleep? Yes.

Would I have been able to do all that five years ago and 133lb heavier? Who knows? I would never even have tried it!

Feel Free To Visit us this Sunday. September 13th is Back To Church Sunday.
Church At The Movies, Regal Cinemas, Portion Road, Ronkonkoma - 9.30am
Church At The Movies, Island Cinemas, Montauk Highway, Mastic - 11.00am