Thursday, September 3, 2009

LOOKING GOOD IS OVER-RATED


Over this past couple of evenings I've spent a bit of time chatting with members of my WW groups about why they joined in the first place. Now of course the obvious answer is "to lose weight", but I was looking to go a little beyond that and I did.

Without exception, it was the over-riding pressure of existing or potential health issues that was the most common influence bringing people in our doors.

No one said they wanted to look better in a swimsuit next summer or they wanted to look better in any situation for that matter.

Weight loss isn't a cosmetic thing. It's about quality of life, health and a future free from avoidable complications.

I went from a 50 inch waist to a 36 inch waist, but I never want to lose sight of what it is really all about.