Sunday, July 8, 2007

BELLPORT CLIPPER


Earlier this evening I ran the Bellport Clipper 5K Race - that's 3.1 miles in English. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, because although I'm always a lot slower on the road than on a treadmill, I had expected to be able to come in under 30 minutes.


I'll blame it on the heat and humidity, because I only managed 33 minutes 32 seconds. I should probably have pushed myself a bit harder, but I didn't so it is what it is.


Truth is, running a race of any kind is so far removed from how I have been most of my life, that I'm honestly pretty pleased with myself for being able to even participate.


I was hungry when it was finished and a bit tired too, so on the way home I stopped at KFC. Standing on line and looking at the menu, I started wondering why on earth I was even there - so I left without ordering.


No need to undo the good work as quickly as that!