Tuesday, August 7, 2007

ROUTINE

I've been way off lately when it comes to exercise, but I was back to the gym this morning. It's amazing how easily you can move away from your routine.

Last month I decided to give myself a couple of days off when I went to Jersey for the WW Leaders' Training. From there I went straight to Texas where I fell on the hotel treadmill and hurt my knees. No running in Texas or for the next few days. I ran a couple of times after that, but decided to sleep later several mornings last week when we had our grandchildren with us, as the noise of me leaving early in the morning would have wakened the whole house.

That all adds up to little exercise in more than three weeks.

But I'm back to it now, realizing how easy it is for days to slide into weeks and for good patterns to be disrupted.