Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FAT PEOPLE

This morning I was reading some statistics on obesity and it seems the national average is now 32% of the population are obese. I fear it could be more.

I was sitting in Applebees this evening - French Onion soup and teryaki shrimp off their WW menu is just 8 points! - watching people and got scared.

I could not believe how many seriously big old people I saw coming into the restaurant in the short time I was there and all of them appeared to have trouble moving.

I do not want that to be me at 65 or 70, but the trouble is by the time it comes back to bite you it's too late - then you can't exercise, you can't get in shape.

The best time to change is now.

Obviously I don't know any of their stories or situations, but I do know myself and God forbid that should be me. Decisions I make today will definitley affect the quality of my life in the future.