Friday, December 14, 2007

SAYING NO

This week I took a bit of the advice that I was dishing out last Saturday morning when I was encouraging my WW groups to reduce the stress of Christmas by declining some invitations.

For reasons too complex to go into here, I am a member of both Medford and Ronkonkoma Chambers of Commerce and they had their Christmas dinners on consecutive nights this past week. I opted to go to just one, figured the second would not fall apart without me and knew that this would not only simplify my week but also reduce the amount of challenges I would face to my healthy lifestyle.

In preparation for the one function I did attend, I ate a dinner of my choice before I went. Then I went to the restaurant, enjoyed the folks at the table, pushed my salad around my plate for ever and asked for the entree to go (next day I gave it to my daughter).

That's not the way I treat every event, but it worked for this week and I end it with no regrets!