Sunday, August 17, 2008

WATCH OUT ETHIOPIA

I just watched the Olympic 10,000 metres race in which the apparently unbeatable Ethiopians took gold and silver and I have decided they've dominated the event for long enough. The winning time - an Olympic record - was 27 minutes and change for the 6.2 miles race and I'm putting the Ethiopians on notice that I'm coming after them in London in 2012.

My best time for that distance is 49 minutes (albeit in the controlled environment of a gym and on a treadmill), so here's the plan.

If I can improve my time by just half a minute every two months, or half a second a day, I'll cover the course in the British Olympic Stadium (maybe Wembley) in a blistering, never-been-done-before time of 25 minutes.

So there it is - Olympic gold in the nation of my birth.

But will I compete for Britain or the USA?

Tough call!