Tuesday, April 8, 2008

DON'T GET CAUGHT OUT!

Having mentioned to the two groups I taught last night that it's good to have some back-up snacks in case your day doesn 't go as planned, I got caught out myself today.

After a healthy breakfast, my morning went far longer than expected, lasting well into the afternoon. I bought an apple and a bottle of water from a coffee truck at around 1.30 and ate lunch back home just after 3.00. But that wasn't really my main problem.

Having had a late lunch, I figured I would be okay until dinner time which would be latere than usual as I had to go to a short meeting of the Town Board. The board meeting went on and on and by 9.15 I was hungry with no secret stash of healthy goodies. So I slipped out, rushed to the nearest 7-11 and fell back on an old, old favorite - coffee and a buttered roll - but let the record show that I chose what was described as a "delicately buttered" roll.

The Board meeting went on for a while longer and I ended up eating dinner at 10.15, determined to make sure that I take supplies with me next time.

I guess it's not just the boy scouts who need to Be Prepared!