Monday, April 28, 2008

WHY I'M NOT A FAN

With the crazy lifestyle most of us have, I am regularly asked whether it's okay to make Smart Ones a regular part of your diet and I must confess that I am definitely not a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I've eaten a few of them myself in my time and they're a handy item to have in the freezer in case of emergency, but let's be honest, there's nothing much to them, they're high in preservatives, ultra-high in sodium content and apart from convenience and low points there's not a lot good you can say about them.

My major issue is something altogether different and it's this -

Diets don't work - changing your lifestyle does, but there's no way anyone is going to be eating frozen meals for the rest of their lives. It's better to learn to eat healthily, to plan meals, make good use of your limited time and enjoy real food. That's a lifestyle change.

Smart Ones are shortcuts that won't last - they're best kept for a backup and nothing else. I have yet to meet anyone at WW who has got to goal on a diet of frozen entrees. There may be some, but I haven't encountered them.