Thursday, April 24, 2008

PORTION SIZES

A couple of nights ago in Clearwater, my wife and I decided to eat at Bennigans, together with our seven year old grandson who was with us on our trip south. I hadn't been in a Bennigans for years, so we thought it would be a change.

The menu offered a great deal - three courses for $10.99 - with some good stuff on offer.

Here's a sample - it's what our grandson had ...

Mozzarella sticks - six huge ones.

Fish and chips - Five pieces of beer battered fish with a load of fries

Brownie Delight - Huge brownie, large scoop of ice cream, hot fudge sauce and whipped cream

My grandson is a big kid and he loves his food, but half way through dessert he rushed to the bathroom and threw up!

I took the grilled chicken entree with rice and broccoli, but will admit to splurging on an appetizer of french onion soup and a dessert I'm not willing to fess up to.

But in all honesty, there can't be that many people on this planet who need more than the appetizer and dessert. There was just way too much food!

My soultion, should I ever find myself in that situation again, would be to ask for the entree in a doggie bag from get go. But then hindsight is always 20/20 - meanwhile I'm spending extra time in the gym now that I'm home!