Saturday, November 15, 2008

GOAL!

It was dull and wet when I arrived at the WW center in Selden this morning, but my day was brightened pretty soon by a member who reminded me why I do what I do.

She reached goal - 89.6lbs off - and looks like a different person.

I don't turn up every week to amuse or be the weight loss answer man, I want to see people achieve their vision, get to where they dreamed of being when they first walked in our doors. And if they're pumped by their success, then I want to make it clear, I am too.

Today I was talking about how weight loss can be compared to the game of football and I guess in that scenario I'm the coach. Most coaches used to play the game but don't any longer - their fulfilment comes from the victories of those they now encourage and inspire.

I don't play the weight loss game any longer (I play a variation called maintaining weight loss). but coaching is never more satisfying than when a member scores a win.

That happened ealy this morning and made my day.