Tuesday, March 31, 2009

HIT THE ROAD

The sun was shining early this morning, despite the fact that it wasn't especially warm, so I decided to definitely rest my arm from any eliptical work by running outdoors.

It was the first time I had done that since going out in the freezing air of Indianapolis at Thanksgiving - I'm not counting my long walks in 90 degree heat in India in November and February.

It was good! Here are some reflections:

1. Keep it interesting. I thought up a new route today, which I estimated to be around 5 miles - turns out it was 6.5, but at least it was something different.

2. We could do with some more sidewalks around this area - you take your life in your hands on some of the roads I used.

3. It's probably better to look at www.mapmyrun.com before you go, than after like I did.

4. I know I've said this before, but running on the road is a whole different experience to using a treadmill. It's far harder.

5. Having established an unimpressive time for this route, I have no alternative but to do it again tomorrow - and improve!