Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THE GRAND FINALE

I'm settling in for the marathon three hour finale of The Biggest Loser this evening. I've got plenty of nachos, wings, hot dogs, popcorn, candy and of course ice cream, with enough beer to wash it down with to last well into the final segment of the Tonight Show some time after midnight.

Okay, I'm kidding about the menu, but I'm looking forward to the show.

I guess the main reason I like this competition is that I can identify with the contestants, after being morbidly obese most of my life. I also know what it's like to struggle to stay focused on the journey towards health.

Then of course, I do enjoy knowing I have some bragging rights as, having lost 40% of my starting weight, I acheieved more than many of the TV competitors. Does that sound arrogant? I don't care. It was hard work and I did it!

As a Weight Loss Consultant, my main beef with The Biggest Loser is that it tends to create unrealistic expectations in lesser mortals, who did not have the privilege of separating themselves from the rest of the human race on The Ranch. But you can't blame the show for that.

Bottom line - good entertainment and I'll be watching the whole thing tonight. Of course I'll be flicking over to the Mets' game during the endless, annoying commercial breaks!