Friday, May 8, 2009

HOMEWARD BOUND

I'm getting ready to fly back to the U.S. today after three days in England for my sister-in-law's funeral. It was a bitter/ sweet kind of trip, with the joy of seeing family being counter-balanced by the sadness of the occasion.

It's far more challenging to stay on track with healthy practices when you're out of routine and it was particularly difficult to get adequate exercise this week. I brought my running gear, but it has rained most mornings I have been here, so I only got out once. That was yesterday and I ran three and a half miles in rural Lincolnshire, which was delightful.

Of course there have been all kinds of food temptations too, with so many things avaiable that I don't get back home, but overall I think I did fairly well in that area. No fish and chips, which was a good thing! - I will have to do that just once when I come back over here next week for a wedding on my wife's side of the family.

Off to the airport soon - JFK at 2.45 - back home!