Friday, June 5, 2009

NATIONAL DONUT DAY

As if to test my will power, a Dunkin Donuts was opened about 800 yards down the street from my house a couple of years ago. In all honesty, I prefer 7-11 coffee, but sometimes it's just far more convenient to pause at DD instead.

This morning when I got my extra large coffee with skimmed milk, the manager offered me a donut. I politely declined, but he went on to explain this was a special promotion for one day only. Every customer who bought a beverage got a free donut because it was National Donut Day.

Free is a word that is tough to ignore and while I didn't plan to eat a donut, I wasn't going to pass up on something for nothing. So I chose a jelly donut and brought it home, not sure what to do from there.

Eventually, after weighing every option including eating it, I decided to put my donut on Ebay and auction it off to the highest bidder - donating the money to a charity in India I am part of, Jeevan Asha, that cares for slum children in Mumbai.

If you want my donut, you can bid on it here - http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=dunkin+donut+jelly&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_mdo=