Sunday, June 14, 2009

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY

This has been an insane four or five weeks (which to some degree explains the infrequency of posts here) as I have spent time in England - twice - a few days in Montauk and am now on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

This latest trip comes under the category of work, as I was invited down here to preach at a friend's church in Nags Head today. That having been said, now that we have come this far we'll hang out with our frfiends until early Wednesday morning when we head back to NY.

While I was preaching this morning I mentioned the fact that I love desserts. Don't ask me how I got there, I have no idea.

Little did I know that in the congregation there was a guy who runs a great local restaurant where it had already been planned we would eat lunch tomorrow. He let me know that he would definitely hook me up with the sweet stuff.

Me and my big mouth!

Now I have to work out how to let him know I can't eat all the goodies he's probably going to bring in my direction. It's a pity I wore my WW t-shirt when I went running this afternoon. I should have saved it for tomorrow's visit to Mama Kwanz!