Monday, June 15, 2009

THOSE DESSERTS

Okay, so since I know you're wondering how I got on today with my new friend, Executive Chef Todd, here's how I dealt with the challenge of great food - or didn't.

Since I knew I would be eating differently than usual, I started the day by working out more than normal - ran seven miles along the beach road in the sun. Good, but tiring!

Then I ate a very light breakfast - fruit - since it was going to be an 11.30 lunch.

When we went into Mama Kwanz restaurant, Todd met us and said he would be sending out a complimentary dish of appetizers and the desserts would also be on him.

I focused on the pan-seared - rare - tuna from the appetizers and then ordered a scallop dish for my entree that Todd was preparing specially for my host and friend, Wally Odum. It came with rice and seaweed salad (hot) and was absolutely outrageous. Unbelievable flavor.

Calculating the Points would have been tough, but I estimated no more than 12, which wasn't bad at all.

So when it came time for the promised desserts, I figured it wasn't too bad to go for keylime pie and share it with Gill.

All in all, a really superb meal - Todd is a great chef - and not too damaging.

Todd invited us back tomorrow as he's going to cook something more that's special, which means I'll be running at least seven miles again I guess!