Thursday, July 2, 2009

BTW

My running to the gym thing on Tuesday morning almost went really well. It was a dry, bright morning, I was listening to a thought-provoking podcasts and all was well with the world throughout the 2.5 miles to get there.

However, less than a mile into the return journey everything got messed up as I must have hit something on the uneven sidewalk, because I went flying. I assessed the situation quickly, got up, checked my graze knee and arm and continued to head for home at a much slower pace.

It seemed like flesh wounds were the only issue until I got to bed that night and tried sleeping on my right side. It seems I must have hurt my hip and arm as they both seriously complained about being under any pressure.

They're still sore, so I'm taking it steady. I meant well, but the good idea didn't turn out so well after all.

That's life!