Thursday, July 23, 2009

RUNNING WITH JON

A couple of months ago I shared how a great guy who is a member of one of my Saturday morning WW groups had been diagnosed with a brain tumor. Jon had just reached goal and looked incredibly healthy, so it was hard to come to terms with the idea that there was something very seriously wrong with him physically.

It has been a rough ride for Jon and his family, but thankfully his surgery was succesful and he has seen a steady improvememt, to the extent that he plans to run a 5k race next month - thank God!

The date is Sunday August 9th and the full details are here - http://www.fi5k.org/

Of course, I do church on Sunday mornings, so I can't run with Jon, though I would love to. But if you want to run in my place, please feel free. Go ahead and register - and say a prayer for Jon's total and sustained recovery as you do.