Friday, June 22, 2007

BETTER WEEK

It has been a more focused week, probably helped by the fact that we were in Montauk for three days, spending much of it at the beach. I must confess I had a tough time several afternoons when I went for coffee at the Baker's Shop and saw his amazing display of cakes - but I survived.

I planned my exercise in advance as well as my diet. On arrival I set my odometer and discovered that it was exactly 3.1 miles from Hither Hills National Park to where we were staying. So that gave me a 6.2 miles (10K) course for my morning runs. There were a lot of hills and running on the road is tougher than on a treadmill, so I worked out pretty well - before relaxing on the sand with a book.

Planning is important - but I said that before ... and before ... and before!