Saturday, June 2, 2007

MAINTAINING PERSPECTIVE

Earlier this week I mentioned that the scales showed me a whopping seven pounds up after two weeks of too much wandering from healthy eating.

As I suspected, much of that was fluid and it dissipated over the course of a couple of days (I bet you needed to know that!), but there's still two or three extra pounds around that are really troubling me.

I know that I'm not alone in this, but here's the problem - in my mind it's almost like I have put back on all the 133lbs that I lost. I'd swear my clothes are all tight, I look much fatter and I feel disgusted with myself.

So I have to keep telling myself that it's just a couple of stinking pounds and not the whole lot. I have to remember that one good focused week will see me back where I want to be, so I just need to stay on program - and that's what I'm doing.