Tuesday, January 8, 2008

GOOD FOOD STORE

Throughout the course of my weight loss journey, that started almost three years ago, I have received considerable help from the store right next door to the Selden WW Center. Pro-Portions is a great source of hot meals, ice cream and snacks that are all healthy, but I must confess I have three favorites -

1. Their ice cream. At two points for a large fat free/sugar free cone, it's not even an extravagence. I used to buy their mudslide sundaes in bulk (they're four points) and eat one nightly for an end of day treat, but I have eased off on them a bit lately (maybe you can even tire of ice cream?).

2. Their muffins are very satisfying. For three points, they provide a really substantial breakfast or an evening snack. Best nuked and warm.

3. I enjoy cooking and am pretty good at it, but whenever my wife is away I tend to head for Pro-Portions to eat one of their quiches for dinner. You get a huge slice and a good salad for only four points - so you still have enough points for a mudslide!

Add to that the fact that they're the friendliest folks around and it's always worth a trip next door.