Tuesday, January 15, 2008

PLANNING

What are you going to eat for dinner tomorrow?

For those of us with food issues, the main meal of the day assumes some considerable priority, but that's not the only reason it's important to be able to answer that question.

I've discovered that planning is an essential component to staying healthy and maintaining my weight at an acceptable level. I can't leave any meal to a last minute decision as there's always the chance then that I won't have the things I need and will settle instead for something that will not help me.

It would be suicide to come home hungry and tired, look into the freezer and try to decide what to eat. That's why I make several dinners at the start of the week when I have some time, so that on the days when I'm rushed I'll still eat well.

On other days I still plan what I'll eat for dinner very early on in the day - like just after I get up in the morning!

And dinner tomorrow chez moi, by the way, will be shrimp curry - 7 points!