Thursday, May 10, 2007

BASEBALL AND ICE CREAM

Went to my six year old grandson's baseball game tonight. It's hilarious watching them - clearly most of the players have little to no idea what they're meant to do, but the coach made sure they all had a good time and was a great example of positive reinforcement throughout the game. This guy is brilliant at building kids up.

Anyway, our team won and my boy batted 1000, 4-4.

So I took him off to Friendly's after so he could get some ice cream. I toyed with the idea of just drinking diet soda, but when I discovered they do a fat-free soft-serve ice cream, I had some. It was pretty good. But then I faced a major issue ...

The waitress mentioned they have a sugar-free hot fudge sauce and I thanked her for the information. A few minutes later she brought me another cup of ice cream, with the sauce on it. What to do???

I really did not want to eat it, but I didn't want to appear ungrateful either. So I did the polite thing and reminded myself that it was all still within my points plan for the day.

Sometimes you just can't do the right thing however much you want to! So you suck it up and remember that all the excess weight did not come from half a cup of ice cream in the first place, so half a cup won't put it all back on.