Wednesday, May 23, 2007

PLANNING

I'm looking forward to a big event tonight, a banquet in a beautiful setting that will be focusing on some of the humanitarian projects our church is involved in.

I know what's on the menu because I helped decide what would be served to all the guests, so of course I picked some stuff I love. I won't eat it, but it'll be good to see it there and I hope those at the event will enjoy it.

I'm going to eat something before I go so that I don't arrive hungry and will have already had something substantial that is also healthy. Then I'll push some salad aaround my plate al evening.

Forward planning is a key part of eating well. You need to have a supply of healthy eats in the fridge or you'll pick up junk. You need to plan meals ahead so you have the ingredients or you're likely to fall back on mac and cheese. And when you're going out, you really need to have a strategy.

Planning is a vital element in my lifestyle. I generally think ahead at least 24 hours and let's face it, when you're eating far less than you have most of your life, you want to make each meal count!