Tuesday, May 29, 2007

SHRIMP IS YOUR FRIEND


Hunger is not my friend. Never has been and never will be.


One of the things I love about the WW program is that I have seldom gone to bed hungry, but that does mean that smart decisions are necessary.


With 26 points to juggle every day, if I ate bacon, two eggs and a buttered bagel for breakfast, all washed down with coffe and half and half, I would certainly run the risk of having no scope for anything substantial for the rest of the day.


Which is why I love shrimp -


4oz of beef is 8 points


4oz of pork is 6 points


4oz of chicken is 4 points


But wait for it ...


4oz of shrimp is a mere 2 points!


That means I could eat a whole pound of shrimp or a quarter pound of beef - You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out which I'm eating for dinner tonight!


I seldom eat red meat nowadays. It's not that I don't like it - it's just not worth it!