Wednesday, February 20, 2008

CHALLENGES

Just got back last night from a trip to Georgia for a two day pastor's conference. I felt really good sitting in the session entitled The Healthy Leader, because I clearly had a jump on a lot of the delegates in that area.

Being away from home generally presents its own challenges and this was no exception, but with a little extra effort, I was able to stay on program well throughout the whole trip. One lifesaver was the box of WW Lemon Dream bars I took with me for low point snacks and the other was simply making careful choices when eating out.

I didn't fare as well with exercise as my leg was causing me severe pain all weekend. I walked through it on Monday morning, but paid the price the rest of the day, calling home to my doctor's office to make an appointment to see him as soon as I got back to New York.

He reckons it's sciatica, so I've got anti-inflammatories and orders to rest the leg whenever I can. So working out will be interesting.

I'll let you know what happens at the gym in the morning with no running or walking on the agenda.