Wednesday, February 6, 2008

PLANNING

Had a full day yesterday on whirlwind trip to the Florida Keys, which proved to be a classic example of how to handle things when your routine is totally interrupted.

So for what it's worth, here's my survival routine.

+ I packed three snacks in my bag - two 2 Points and one 1 Point
+ Since I left home at 4.40am, I didn't eat breakfast, but I did grab a 7-11 coffee, and then ate a 2 Pointer on the plane rather than take their chips.
+ I ate another snack on the drive from Fort Lauderdale down to the Keys.
+ Needing to grab lunch on the road, I looked for and found a Subway where I had a 7 Points sandwich
+ The final snack - I Point - went on the drive back to the airport.
+ At the airport I ate a personal pizza (13 Points) and a banana (2 Points)
+ A cup of 7-11 coffee on the ride home from JFK very late at night.

27 Points for the day - one over my allowance, which isn't bad for a day that could have been totally out of my control. It can be done!

And the extra one came from my 35 of course!