Tuesday, February 12, 2008

STEPPING IT UP

Having kept to a totally cardio workout program for almost three years, today I kicked things up a notch by having a session with a personal trainer and having him design a weight training program for me.

When I first got on a treadmill at Fitness Plus in Port Jeff Station, it was all I could do to walk for twenty minutes at 3 mph. I've gradually increased things from there until I've been running an average of five days a week, covering a total of around 40 miles.

Now, I don't have any aspirations to looking like Rambo, but if I could firm things up a bit and strengthen my legs for this summer's races, I'd be very happy.

So now I'll do cardio three days a week and weights three days a week, with Saturdays off because of the early start at WW!