Monday, February 11, 2008

ICE CREAM HEAVEN

I've got a thing about ice cream, as regular readers already know.

I blame it on the fact that I spent most of my life in the deprivation imposed by a country where there were only three flavors available - vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. If you wanted to go really crazy, you bought Neopolitan which was one third of each.

So when I hit the USA and its three million and ninety seven flavors, I fell in love with ice cream in a whole new way. On visits to the country, I soon discovered that whenever I had a lay over in JFK there was a Baskin Robbins in TWA's domestic terminal. Sadly Baskin Robbins is no longer there and TWA domestic is now Jetblue, but in all honesty it's the loss of the former that really upsets me.

Anyway, one of the finds of this past few months has been Turkey Hill's fat free and sugar free ice cream that is only 2 Points per cup. Up until now I have only seen it in Vanilla Bean, but tonight I had a life-changing experience while walking along the row of freezers in King Kullen, Ridge.

Not only was the beloved dessert on special, but they had it in other flavors - Dutch Chocolate and Cherry Fudge Swirl. Oh the joy!

The Cherry Fudge Swirl is quite incredible - I love this country!