Tuesday, June 10, 2008

CARIBBEAN BOUND

Twelve hours from now I should be sitting on a JetBlue plane getting ready to take off for Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. I’ll be coming back on Friday afternoon and although it’s a short visit, I’m really looking forward to meeting up with Rob and Kelli Nelson and getting a firsthand look at what’s going on down there for them and their Island Impact Ministries - www.islandimpact.net .

They’ve done a phenomenal job of setting up health clinics for the poor, providing schooling for children and planting an English-speaking church in the town of Sosua. Rob and Kelli are totally committed missionaries who have built everything that’s going on down there from scratch over the past five years.

Great couple!

BTW if my presence in blogland is scarce for a couple of days, it’s because I couldn’t get to an internet cafe. I shall return!