Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CHECKING IN


No, Ididn't disappear off the face of the planet, my wife and I are enjoying a few quiet days out at Montauk. The beach, sunshine and some books - I call it a study break, but others refer to it as a vacation. Call it what you will, it's doing me good!

So here are a few reflections from the east end of Long Island -

+ You can't beat running on Old Montauk Highway every morning - it's beautiful, though of course it's like a roller coaster with its dozens of hills.

+ I'm supplementing a four miles morning run by walking two miles along the beach in the afternoons - sand is as challenging as hills!

+ Walking along the beach today it occurred to me that I was not wearing a shirt, which never would have happened in the obese years that made up my life to this point. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not in the running for Mr.Universe, but I'm comfortable with me - excess flesh and all!

+ Tomorrow I turn 58 and I'm probably the healthiest I have been in my life. Who's got it better than me?

Back home on Friday and looking forward to showing off my tan at WW on Saturday morning!!