Thursday, January 15, 2009

NO COMMENT

I closed the comments section on the other blog I write (more church related) several years ago, because I didn't want to spend time debating or defending things that I have written. Nor did I want to provide writing space for looneys.

When I started doing this one, closing that never occurred to me and since I didn't expect to get comments anyway, it was left open - until today.

That was when I noticed there were a couple of comments posted about my upcoming one-man-show Where's The Fat Guy?, taking cheap shots at the venture and doing precious little but showing the ignorance and cowardice of the anonymous poster.

So whoever you are - I'll answer your snide posts right here and then you can leave me alone.

Have I fallen out with my Weight Watchers team?
Stupid question. I have the privilege of working alongside some of the best people I have ever known. Good, honest, kind, caring and 100% professional too. I am not doing the show because I am parting company with Weight Watchers, in fact I hope it will encourage a lot of people to pursue a healthier future by joining the program.

Will Weight Watchers profit from this money-making venture?
If it wasn't for the fact that your judgement is already suspect, I'd welcome the idea that the one-man-show will actually make money. Do you have any idea what it costs to rent the largest theater in a multi-plex for a whole evening?
Here's the deal - if this thing makes money, it will go to our church's projects to feed the poor. If it makes a loss, I'll eat it personally.

And for the one genuine questioner in the comments section - Yes you can pay at the door on the night - Thursday January 29th, 7.30pm.