Monday, January 12, 2009

PRE-WARNED

In our WW groups last week we were talking about the importance of knowing the POINTS value of foods before we eat them and I must admit I generally try to go all the way back to when I'm buying my groceries in the supermarket. That's the best time to work out whether or not we really want an item.

Of course, we can all be wise in a perfect world, but then along comes a slight glitch.

I hit one of those today whilst out with my wife. She suggested we stop for lunch at TGI Friday's, which I had no problem with, except I had to do a bit of guessing about the POINTS.

Soup and a half turkey club sandwich didn't appear too dire and in my head I gave the cup of delicious brocolli and cheese soup 4 POINTS. But when I got home I referrred to my Dining Out Companion and discovered that the soup alone was a whopping 7 POINTS.

That didn't knock me - I have plenty of POINTS to use in a day - but it underlined the fact that wherever possible, knowing ahead of time can save you from a nasty shock after the event.