Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BALLFIELD FOOD

I haven't got to CitiField this season as much as I was at Shea last (which is when this photo with my grandsons was taken). Simple economics has been the main reason - tickets have been a stupid price - but all that is changing as the team is decimated by injuries and hopes of the post-season recede.

So, having found some $13 tickets at StubHub, we set off for Flushing last night and for a game during which the Mets scored the most runs in any one inning in franchise history - 8 in the bottom of the 4th.

One feature of the new ball field is that there are a lot more places to eat and therefore the smell of food appears to be ever present. So how do you deal with that?

I think I've cracked that. I take my own, The truth is, there isn't much for sale in most ballparks that is anything remotely resembling healthy, so I pack what I want and concentrate on why I'm there - to watch a Mets win.

It's healthier, it's guilt-free, it's tasty and there's a lot of it, but I bring my own food with me and thoroughly recommend the practice.