Saturday, August 8, 2009

IT'S GOOD


When Saturday evening comes around, I'm shot.

As I've mentuoned here before, I spend seven hours in the morning helping people who have issues with their eating patterns at Weight Watchers and then I go from there to assist at our church's mobile soup kitchen, supporting those whose issue is not getting enough to eat.

I guess that's balance!

It was a good day on both fronts today. To see members reach goals along the way and also get to their ultimate goal is incredibly rewarding. Only those who have struggled with weight issues can fully appreciate that. Plenty to celebrate this morning.

This afternoon we got to give hot meals to some really needy people. I was disturbed for the lady we met who had two black eyes, one of which was barely open. Gladly her "boyfriend" has now left, with the police in pursuit. What a sad life. She is coming to church tomorrow - please say a prayer for Jackie that she'll find fresh hope.