Monday, May 12, 2008

GET USED TO IT!

This morning I attended my regular Monday morning WW group as a member, as I have done for more than three years now. It helps me stay focused, keeps me motivated and I also get to see how Jocelyn deals with the recommended topic of the week before I prepare for my own groups.

One new member expressed very real disappointment at losing just two pounds in her first week and it was interesting to see everyone else jump all over her comments.

In a world of quick-fixes and instant gratification when will people ever learn that the pathway to health is a long one and it takes time to get there? You won't find a 14-day cure and though Britney Spears apparently managed to lose 15lb in four weeks (do I look like I really care?), that's not the solution to the long-term issues most WW members need to address.

A healthy, sensible, average weight loss is half a pound to two pounds a week. So it will take months, a year, or a couple of years. But once you get to where you want to be, the time it took to get there is an irrelevance.

It'll take a while - get used to it!