Sunday, September 14, 2008

GETTING OUT OF A RUT

I find weekends exhausting. Saturday is absolutely non-stop from 6.45am until dinner time. Then I get the last bits and pieces sorted out for church on Sunday, go to bed and leave home at 7.00am to help transforming a movie theater into a contemporary church in time for a 10.00am service.

In recent months I've got into the pattern of crashing on a Sunday afternoon and dozing in front of the baseball on TV.

That's not good, because for the past three years I had been spending that time in the gym. It's easy to be too kind to yourself, especially when you're tired, so today I decided I needed to shake that habit.

I did watch some baseball and as soon as my team blew their lead and the game in the 9th inning, I headed out to run for a while. It wasn't as full a workout as I used to do in the gym, but a medium distance run on the road was far better than I've been doing on Sundays of late.

And I was glad I did it!