Friday, September 26, 2008

MY FRIEND TURKEY

One of the best finds in the past year, or whatever, has got to be 97% fat free ground turkey. It's so much healthier than any kind of ground beef and the fact is that since I always use it with some kind of sauce, there's no real taste issue either.

4oz is only 2 Points, whereas 4oz of ground beef is 8 Points.

So it's tasty, economical (Points-wise that is) and it tastes good. We do a lot with it - like the South African dish Bobotie that I just made for tomorrow night's dinner. It's delicious and only 4 Points for a generous serving.

I'd give you the recipe, but the key ingredient is a blend of spices I got in South Africa that is certainly not on the shelves in Pathmark.

Okay, I just remembered Google - here's a recipe -
http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/RECIPES/RECIPES/meats/bobotie.html