Thursday, September 25, 2008

MID-WEEK MEANDERINGS

+ They've opened a new pizzeria right next to the WW center in Miller Place. Trust me, from what I saw last night more of their customers need us than they do a sicilian pie with pepperoni and garlic knots on the side.

+ The Lose To Win initiative is going really well in the two centers I work in - loads of food coming in for local not-for-profits.

+ Not sure if I like the new version of The Biggest Loser. Maybe that's because I missed week one. We'll see.

+ If anyone knows how to prepare the new WW Mexican Rice side dish that we're selling in our centers without it being a sloppy mess, please let me know. Obviously it involves something other than following the instructions on the box.

+ I've been encouraging members to get the Skinny Songs CD. You can check it out for free here - www.skinnysongs.com - look out for my mug shots on their website.

+ Biggest weight loss in last night's 7.00pm group - 4lb. How did she do it? She told us she wrote everything down. Now there's a novel concept.

+ Last Saturday was my first anniversary of taking over the Saturday groups and our numbers were up 14% on the same weekend last year. That was encouraging. Not good enough of course, but encouraging.

+ Met a friend for breakfast in a diner today. I've never been a big morning eater, but whenever I was in a diner I would eat a full breakfast. It did cross my mind to stray a little as I looked at the menu, but my friend helped me by commenting, "Why are you looking at the menu when you know what you're going to have?" So that's what I ordered, my new normal, oatmeal.