Monday, September 29, 2008

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

I'm in Mount Pleasant, SC for a couple of days this week - back home Wednesday lunchtime.

That means a couple of things -

1. I've switched to the Core Program, which is always a lot easier in my estimation when you're out of routine. Had a great dinner at Outback tonight - all Core!

2. I brought my sneakers and running gear with me and went for a run on the road this morning. There's an exercise room in the hotel, but I don't like hotel treadmills. They are generally very inferior to those in my gym back home, as was proved last year in Houston when I tripped on a treadmill, the Stop button didn't work and I seriously skinned my knees. Anway it's warm here - great weather for an outdoors run!

Too many good snacks on offer at the conference I'm attending. They were handing out Coldstone Creamery ice cream sundaes during one break today, but I'm glad to say I passed on that offer. My resistance crumbled with the shrimp in sauce over grits during another break - but it was a small serving (cocktail glass size).

Traveling has its own challenges, but there are solutions too!