Friday, September 19, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of my taking on leading the Saturday morning WW groups in Selden. One year ago tonight I didn't sleep too well as I was nervous about the prospect of taking on the considerable responsibility of becoming the coach/ mentor/ adviser/ friend to several hundred people most of whom were still on the journey to health that I had only completed myself six months earlier.

I knew I could give a reasonable presentation - I've been doing that with groups of people since I was a teenager. But that isn't the issue. Sure, I knew the program, but being able to pass on accurate information is not what this is all about for me.

It's all about people.

People desperate to win a battle that has been a lifetime's struggle for many of them. People who simply want to live longer, enjoy life more and feel better about themselves.

Could I really help the members?

With God's help and the support of a great staff team, I think I'm doing it and hope to continue to do so for a good few years to come.