Tuesday, December 23, 2008

IT DOESN''T ALWAYS WORK

Around noon today, my wife and I got back from a mini-vacation - 24 hours on the Gold Coast - to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary.

Last night we ate at an Indian restaurant in Huntington, which turned out to be an excellent place to eat my favorite kind of food. It was one of those occasions when I decided, I'm here, I love this food, it's a special evening and so I decided to throw caution to the wind.

When I got up this morning, I drank my water and got back on track straight away. Well, I almost did. We slept late, left the B & B and had a walk around the streets of Northport, deciding on a late breakfast at the old downtown diner.

Refocuising on my program, I simply ordered oatmeal and coffee with skimmed milk. The oatmeal turned out to be quite delicious, but altogether not what I was expecting. It seems they made it with milk, because the consistency was nothing like what I make most mornings at home.

I tried to get back on track, but it doesn't always work. However, by lunchtime life was back to normal!