Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SOOOODIUM

I lost around 1lb last week, which I was happy enough with. The scale did not reflect that when I weighed in on Monday morning, but I'm happy enough with that too.

You see, according to the WW scale I was up a whopping 4lb in just seven days.

So I guess you want to know how many Big Macs I consumed over the weekend or whether I dug my way through a whole dozen Dunkin Donuts? The fact is I did neither.

Here's what I did - on Saturday evening I ate a high sodium dinner. It was perfectly within my points range for the day, but the salt made my body start retaining fluid. Then to make things worse, on Sunday I had a Greek salad in my favorite diner (The Metropolis on Rte 112 in Medord) and all that Feta cheese is so full of sodium you wouldn't believe it.

The upside was that I could watch the football games without jumping up and heading for the bathroom during every single commercial break, but the downside was that the scale didn't give me the reading I had earned.

To be honest, all that was okay with me, but you can be sure I'll watch the content of my meals better this weekend and not just the points!

Sodium is not your friend.