Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SILVER LINING

Arriving at the gym while it was still dark this morning, through what to me is a perfectly plausible sequence of events, I locked my keys in my car. Having done that, my focus was no longer on exercise, especially since this was the only set of keys I possessed to that vehicle.

I couldn't call AAA as my cell phone was also locked inside the car, so I decidced to get a little exercise in by running home - a distance I later discovered (www.mapmyrun.com ) to be 2.53 miles.

The car issue was resolved quite easily, but what gave me an encouraging boost was thinking back four years to a time when I would not even have considered walking home in that predicament, let alone running.

The year is ending and I'm still very thankful for my new lifestyle!