Friday, April 13, 2007

APPLEBEES

I often meet people over lunch and made a decision some time ago that more often than not, if it was my choice, the regular destination would be Applebees.

They have a Weight Watchers section on their menu which is extremely helpful when you're trying to monitor what you're eating and above all, it's helpful that they actually give you the WW points value for each of the items they offer.

Of course I haven't managed to work out why smaller, healthier portions cost more than many regular meals you can order, but it's a fact of life that there's probably some definition for in economists' text books. Rip off comes to my mind, but then that phrase comes up when I go to Starbucks, pump gas and do 101 other things.

It's a fact of life that to get what you want, you have to pay for it.

But all that apart, you can get some tasty guilt-free food in Applebees - I recommend it.