Sunday, April 29, 2007

CHOP SUEY FOR BREAKFAST

We left home pretty early yesterday, headed for Norfolk, VA and from there on down to the Outer Banks. In the interest of economy, we flew with Southwest, which involved a layover of two and a half hours in Baltimore.

Since we arrived there at 8.30am, I reckoned we could find something in beautiful Maryland for breakfast, as my appetite was not exactly at its best when I got up at 5.30.

Here's an interesting game you can play next time you're bored in an airport - it's called Try To Find Something Healthy To Eat.

In the end Gill and I opted to share a bagel and that was it.

I could have had Mexican food, pizza, McDonalds, or could even have joined a line (yes folks a line at 8.30am) for Chinese cuisine.

Try getting some cereal or some fruit and you'd fall flat on your face. But there was no end of breakfast burritos, et. etc. etc.

I'd love to open a food place there serving real food to real people, but I fear I'd go broke as it may well be that the whole country now eats crap - period!